Today West Hollywood will participate in Social Media Day, launched by Mashable.com in 2010 as a way to recognize and honor the global digital revolution. Mashable reports on the importance of digital innovation and how it empowers and inspires people around the world.
In its celebration of Social Media Day, the city will partner with local artists who have created illustrations and sketches that bring to life past tweets about West Hollywood. The city will tweet a selection of these images from its main Twitter account — @wehocity — to the creators of the original tweets throughout the day today using #SMDayWeho.
These Twitter users are unaware that their tweets have been sketched into creative illustrations. A gallery of images will be available online after today.
As part of its civic engagement and public information efforts, West Hollywood uses more than a dozen social media outlets including:
• Facebook — www.facebook.com/wehocity
• Twitter — www.twitter.com/wehocity
• Flickr — www.flickr.com/photos/weho
• Instagram — www.instagram.com/wehocity
• Pinterest — www.pinterest.com/wehocity
• Foursquare — www.foursquare.com/wehocity
• YouTube — www.youtube.com/wehotv, and
• Tumblr — www.wehocity.tumblr.com
A complete list of the City’s social media links, which includes links to the city’s social media outlets for specific divisions such as Arts and Culture (ARTbeat West Hollywood) and Social Services (WeHo Cares), is available by visiting www.weho.org/socialmedia.