A shirtless sunny day. A drink at The Abbey. $9.99 undies in Boystown. “Meditating” at the House of Blues.
A group of artists certainly managed to capture the essence of at least part of West Hollywood with illustrations they created to accompany tweets to #weho over the last few months. The illustrations were retweeted yesterday to the artists from the city’s main Twitter account — — @wehocity — #SMDayWeho to celebrate Social Media Day.
Social Media Day was launched by Mashable.com in 2010 as a way to recognize and honor the global digital revolution. Mashable reports on the importance of digital innovation and how it empowers and inspires people around the world.
A full gallery of the images available online. You can also take a look at the pages that follow.
As part of its civic engagement and public information efforts, West Hollywood uses more than a dozen social media outlets including:
• Facebook — www.facebook.com/wehocity
• Twitter — www.twitter.com/wehocity
• Flickr — www.flickr.com/photos/weho
• Instagram — www.instagram.com/wehocity
• Pinterest — www.pinterest.com/wehocity
• Foursquare — www.foursquare.com/wehocity
• YouTube — www.youtube.com/wehotv, and
• Tumblr — www.wehocity.tumblr.com