There will be a “Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste Roundup” in Beverly Hills on Saturday. It will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Foothill Road between Alden Drive and West 3rd Street.
This roundup event is one of only two that will take place near the city of West Hollywood this year, and it is open to all Los Angeles County residents. Sponsored by the County of Los Angeles, it is presented by its Department of Public Works and the Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County in cooperation with the cities of Beverly Hills, Culver City, Los Angeles and West Hollywood.
Materials that can be brought for disposal include:
- Brake fluid
- Paint and paint thinner
- Cleaners with acid or lye
- Pesticides or herbicides
- Household batteries and car batteries
- Pool chemicals
- Motor oil and oil filters
- Expired pharmaceuticals
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Computer monitors, televisions, computer CPUs, keyboards, printers and cellular phones
- Hypodermic needles, pen needles, syringes, lancets and intravenous needles
For more information about what what can and cannot be disposed of at the waste roundup, call (888) CLEAN-LA or (800) 238-0172, or visit www.cleanla.com or www.lacsd.org. For people who are deaf or hard of hearing, please call TTY (323) 848-6496.