COVID hospitalizations in Los Angeles County dropped on Friday after a slight, but worrisome rise on Thursday. Meanwhile, vaccination efforts continue at a strong pace with 14% of the county’s population now fully vaccinated.
More than 4 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine had been administered to people across LA County according to officials. Of those vaccinated, 1,323,686 people have received second doses and 78,653 people received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, meaning over 1.4 million people are now fully inoculated. That also means that about another 1.4 million people have received their first dose of the vaccine.
There are 634 people currently in the hospital in Los Angeles County according to county health officials. That’s 18 less than on Thursday when there were 652 people hospitalized.
The county’s all-time high for COVID hospitalizations occurred on Jan. 7, when there were 8,098 people hospitalized.
There are currently 159 people in the ICU, according to the state, down from 165 on Thursday. The county’s total ICU capacity is about 2,500 beds.
LA County health officials announced 74 more COVID-related deaths on Friday. The cumulative death toll in LA County is 23,235 people.
LA County reported 692 new COVID-19 cases on Friday. The county now has a cumulative total of 1,220,849 cases since the pandemic began in March.
To date, over 6.11 million people in the county have been tested for the coronavirus since the pandemic began. Today’s positivity rate was 1.4%.
West Hollywood recorded 3 new cases; the cumulative total is 2,230 cases since the pandemic began. The city had no new deaths; the cumulative total is 36 deaths.
Below are the numbers for areas near West Hollywood:
- Beverly Hills – 3 new cases for a total of 2,602 cases and 32 deaths.
- Carthay neighborhood – no new cases for a total of 911 cases and 72 deaths.
- Century City – 1 new case for a total of 595 cases and 14 deaths.
- Culver City – 5 new cases for a total of 2,159 cases and 104 deaths.
- Hollywood – 4 new cases for a total of 5,395 cases and 65 deaths.
- Melrose neighborhood – 6 new cases total of 8,056 cases and 203 deaths.
- Miracle Mile – 2 new cases for a total of 953 cases and 15 deaths.
- Park La Brea – 1 new case for a total of 602 cases and 1 death.
- Santa Monica – 9 new cases for a total of 4,613 cases and 177 deaths.
The Carthay neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles between the Beverly Hills city limits and Fairfax Avenue, with Beverly Boulevard as the northern border and Wilshire Boulevard as the southern border.
The Melrose neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles east of La Cienega and west of Vermont Avenue, between Santa Monica Boulevard on the north and Beverly Boulevard on the south.
For information about the many resources available to West Hollywood residents who have been impacted by COVID-19, CLICK HERE.