After a delay in reporting on Friday due to the Christmas holiday, Los Angeles County health officials provided TWO days’ worth of COVID-19 data on Saturday, with the numbers continuing to rise at a steady pace and hospitalizations continuing to set a new record each day.
As of Saturday, there are 6,770 people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Los Angeles County. That’s 271 more people than were hospitalized on Thursday. That also sets a new record for hospitalizations in the county, beating the previous record of 6,499 which was set on Thursday.
Of those hospitalized, 20% are in the ICU. That translates to about 1,355 people in the ICU.
The 11-county Southern California region’s ICU bed availability remains at 0%. It first dropped to 0% on Dec. 17 and has remained there ever since.
Los Angeles County reported 29,464 new COVID-19 cases for a combined Friday and Saturday total. The county now has a cumulative total of 706,448 cases since the pandemic began in March.
County health officials announced 142 more people dead from the coronavirus on Saturday, pushing the county’s cumulative death toll to 9,438 people.
To date, some 4.57 million people have been tested for the coronavirus since the pandemic began. Of those tested, an average of 15% are testing positive.
West Hollywood recorded 38 new cases on Saturday, for a cumulative total of 1,346 cases since the pandemic began. The city had no new deaths; the city’s cumulative death total of 11 deaths.
Below are the numbers for areas near West Hollywood. Again, remember these numbers include TWO days’ worth of data after a delay in reporting on Christmas Day:
- Beverly Hills – 51 new cases for a total of 1,510 cases and no new deaths for a total of 14 deaths.
- Carthay neighborhood – 14 new cases for a total of 569 cases and 1 new death for a total of 26 deaths.
- Culver City – 37 new cases for a total of 1,141 cases and no new deaths for a total of 38 deaths.
- Hollywood – 91 new cases total of 3,071 cases and 1 new death for a total of 25 deaths.
- Melrose neighborhood – 172 new cases total of 4,597 cases and no new deaths for a total of 94 deaths.
- Miracle Mile – 20 new cases for a total of 508 cases and no new deaths for a total of 6 deaths.
- Park La Brea – 9 new cases for a total of 317 cases and no new deaths for a total of 1 death.
- Santa Monica – 117 new cases for a total of 2,521 cases and 3 new deaths for a total of 60 deaths.
The Carthay neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles between the Beverly Hills city limits and Fairfax Avenue, with Beverly Boulevard as the northern border and Wilshire Boulevard as the southern border.
The Melrose neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles east of La Cienega and west of Vermont Avenue, between Santa Monica Boulevard on the north and Beverly Boulevard on the south.
For information about the many resources available to West Hollywood residents who have been impacted by COVID-19, CLICK HERE.