The most recent surge of the coronavirus has been subsiding in the past three weeks. However workplace outbreaks are still occurring, although there are not as many now as the last time WEHOville checked on them.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health website lists a total of 234 “non-residential setting” in Los Angeles County which have seen outbreaks among three or more employees in the last month. That’s down from 376 workplaces with outbreaks on Feb. 1, when WEHOville last checked the workplace numbers.
Two new workplaces in the West Hollywood vicinity have had coronavirus outbreaks in the past two weeks. Meanwhile, seven workplaces in the WeHo area which WEHOville listed in its Feb. 1 report continue to have outbreaks.
However, the good news is that six other workplaces which WEHOville had previously listed as having outbreaks are no longer included on the health department’s list of workplace outbreak sites.
These are the two NEW workplaces in the WeHo area that have had outbreaks:
- Chick fil-A Hollywood Drive-Through Only, 6750 Sunset Blvd. – 11 employees
- Tutor Perini/O&G, A Joint Venture, 1801 Century Park E, Ste 500 – 11 employees
Below are the seven workplaces in the WeHo area which CONTINUE to be listed as having workplace outbreaks. Any increase in the number of employees testing positive since WEHOville’s Feb. 1 report is noted in parentheses.
- Able Services, 351 S Fuller Ave, Tower 35 (Park La Brea) – 16 employees (no change)
- Best Buy West Hollywood, 1015 N. La Brea Ave. – 28 employees (no change)
- Bottega Veneta, 320 Rodeo Drive – 11 employees (no change)
- McDonalds #1411, 1133 N. La Brea Ave. – 12 employees (no change)
- New Century Plaza, South Tower, 2025 Avenue of the Stars – 127 employees (no change)
- Target #1884, 7100 Santa Monica Blvd. – 51 employees (no change)
- Whole Foods Beverly Hills, 239 N. Crescent Drive – 11 employees (1 additional employee)
Finally, six workplaces which WEHOville listed in its Feb. 1 report have not had any new cases in the past two weeks and were removed from the list. Those workplaces are:
- 8687 Melrose Ave. construction site (Howard Building Corp)
- 8899 Beverly Blvd. construction site (Pankow Construction #2)
- Beverly Hills Hotel, 9641 Sunset Blvd.
- Gelson’s Market Century City, 10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Pavilions (Vons), 8969 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Whole Foods West Hollywood, 7871 Santa Monica Blvd.