As COVID-19 numbers in Los Angeles County continue to decline on Saturday, vaccination rates are slowly rising, despite vaccine shortages
LA County has administered a total of 1,205,738 first doses of the vaccine, along with 471,162 second doses, according to figures provided by county health officials.
Some 15.5% of the county’s population aged 18 and over have received at least one dose of the vaccine, while 6% are fully vaccinated.
West Hollywood falls slightly behind the county’s rate, with 11% to 14% of WeHo residents having received at least one dose of the vaccine.
There are 2,498 people currently in the hospital in Los Angeles County according to county health officials. That’s 142 fewer people in the hospital than on Friday when there were 2,640 people hospitalized.
The county’s all-time high for COVID hospitalizations occurred on Jan. 7, when there were 8,098 people hospitalized.
There are approximately 750 people currently in the ICU.
County health officials announced 136 more COVID-related deaths on Saturday. The county’s cumulative death toll is now 19,793 people.
The highest number of COVID deaths in a single day in the county is 318 deaths, recorded on Jan. 8, while the second highest is 316 deaths, which occurred on Jan. 30.
LA County reported 2,393 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday. The county now has a cumulative total of 1,179,063 cases since the pandemic began in March.
To date, almost 5.75 million people have been tested for the coronavirus since the pandemic began. The daily positivity rate on Friday was 3.8%.
West Hollywood recorded 9 new cases for a cumulative total of 2,083 cases since the pandemic began. The city had no new deaths; the cumulative death total is 28 deaths.
Below are the numbers for areas near West Hollywood:
- Beverly Hills – 7 new cases for a total of 2,411 cases and 28 deaths.
- Carthay neighborhood – 1 new case for a total of 869 cases and 52 deaths.
- Century City – no new cases for a total of 560 cases and 12 deaths.
- Culver City – 4 new cases for a total of 2,056 cases and 77 deaths.
- Hollywood – 11 new cases for a total of 5,105 cases and 56 deaths.
- Melrose neighborhood – 14 new cases total of 7,669 cases and 184 deaths.
- Miracle Mile – 5 new cases for a total of 881 cases and 14 deaths.
- Park La Brea – 1 new case for a total of 544 cases and 1 death.
- Santa Monica – 16 new cases for a total of 4,231 cases and 130 deaths.
The Carthay neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles between the Beverly Hills city limits and Fairfax Avenue, with Beverly Boulevard as the northern border and Wilshire Boulevard as the southern border.
The Melrose neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles east of La Cienega and west of Vermont Avenue, between Santa Monica Boulevard on the north and Beverly Boulevard on the south.
For information about the many resources available to West Hollywood residents who have been impacted by COVID-19, CLICK HERE.