As COVID numbers continue on the decline and Los Angeles County prepares to move into the less restrictive “red tier” on Monday, 18% of the population has received at the first dose of the vaccine, while 9% is fully vaccinated.
To date, nearly 2,742,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered across the county, which has a population of approximately 10 million. Some 1.84 million people who have received first doses while almost 900,000 people have received both doses of the vaccine.
Next week, LA County is scheduled to receive 260,000 doses of the vaccine.
There are 1,015 people currently in the hospital in Los Angeles County according to county health officials. That’s 41 fewer people in the hospital than on Thursday when there were 1,056 people hospitalized.
The county’s all-time high for COVID hospitalizations occurred on Jan. 7, when there were 8,098 people hospitalized.
There are 285 people currently in the ICU according to the state. The county’s total ICU capacity is about 2,500 beds.
County health officials announced 101 more COVID-related deaths on Friday. The cumulative death toll in LA County is 22,404 people.
The highest number of COVID deaths in a single day occurred on Jan. 8 with 318 deaths. The second highest occurred on Jan. 30 with 316 deaths.
LA County reported 947 new COVID-19 cases on Friday. The county now has a cumulative total of 1,208,913 cases since the pandemic began in March.
To date, almost 5.94 million people in the county have been tested for the coronavirus since the pandemic began. The current positivity rate is 2.0%.
West Hollywood recorded 3 new cases; the cumulative total is 2,165 cases since the pandemic began. The city had no new deaths; the cumulative death total is 35 deaths.
Below are the numbers for areas near West Hollywood:
- Beverly Hills – 4 new cases for a total of 2,534 cases and 33 deaths.
- Carthay neighborhood – 3 new cases for a total of 882 cases and 62 deaths.
- Century City – no new cases for a total of 576 cases and 12 deaths.
- Culver City – 2 new cases for a total of 2,121 cases and 95 deaths.
- Hollywood – 5 new cases for a total of 5,304 cases and 66 deaths.
- Melrose neighborhood – 14 new cases total of 7,931 cases and 200 deaths.
- Miracle Mile – 4 new cases for a total of 929 cases and 16 deaths.
- Park La Brea – 2 new cases for a total of 582 cases and 1 death.
- Santa Monica – 11 new cases for a total of 4,459 cases and 154 deaths.
The Carthay neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles between the Beverly Hills city limits and Fairfax Avenue, with Beverly Boulevard as the northern border and Wilshire Boulevard as the southern border.
The Melrose neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles east of La Cienega and west of Vermont Avenue, between Santa Monica Boulevard on the north and Beverly Boulevard on the south.
For information about the many resources available to West Hollywood residents who have been impacted by COVID-19, CLICK HERE.