COVID numbers in Los Angeles County leveled off on Friday, after slight spikes in hospitalizations and ICU admissions the day before. Meanwhile, vaccination efforts continue moving forward at a steady pace.
Almost 3,235,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered to people across the county. Of those doses, 2,177,195 were first doses — including 25,170 of the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine — and 1,057,794 were second doses. That means roughly 1,080,000 people who live or work in the county have been fully vaccinated.
There are 861 people currently in the hospital in Los Angeles County according to county health officials. That’s the same number of people that was hospitalized on Thursday.
The county’s all-time high for COVID hospitalizations occurred on Jan. 7, when there were 8,098 people hospitalized.
The number of people in the ICU was 220 people, according to the state, down from 238 on Thursday. The county’s total ICU capacity is about 2,500 beds.
County health officials announced 60 more COVID-related deaths on Friday, down from 88 deaths on Thursday. The cumulative death toll in LA County is 22,722 people.
The highest number of COVID deaths in a single day occurred on Jan. 8 with 318 deaths. The second highest occurred on Jan. 30 with 316 deaths.
LA County reported 756 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, down from 933 on Thursday. The county now has a cumulative total of 1,213,288 cases since the pandemic began in March.
To date, over 5.99 million people in the county have been tested for the coronavirus since the pandemic began. Today’s positivity rate is 1.7%.
West Hollywood recorded 2 new cases; the cumulative total is 2,194 cases since the pandemic began. The city had no new deaths; the cumulative death total is 35 deaths.
Below are the numbers for areas near West Hollywood:
- Beverly Hills – 9 new cases for a total of 2,566 cases and 34 deaths.
- Carthay neighborhood – 1 new case for a total of 892 cases and 64 deaths.
- Century City – no new cases for a total of 584 cases and 12 deaths.
- Culver City – no new cases for a total of 2,131 cases and 96 deaths.
- Hollywood – 4 new cases for a total of 5,338 cases and 66 deaths.
- Melrose neighborhood – 9 new cases total of 7,979 cases and 201 deaths.
- Miracle Mile – 2 new cases for a total of 942 cases and 16 deaths.
- Park La Brea – no new cases for a total of 587 cases and 1 death.
- Santa Monica – 4 new cases for a total of 4,515 cases and 156 deaths.
The Carthay neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles between the Beverly Hills city limits and Fairfax Avenue, with Beverly Boulevard as the northern border and Wilshire Boulevard as the southern border.
The Melrose neighborhood incorporates the areas of Los Angeles east of La Cienega and west of Vermont Avenue, between Santa Monica Boulevard on the north and Beverly Boulevard on the south.
For information about the many resources available to West Hollywood residents who have been impacted by COVID-19, CLICK HERE.