Prism Comics, moderator Justin Hall (No Straight Lines; Associate Professor of Comics, California College of The Arts) and a diverse, talented group of comics creators explore our queer past through comics. The panelists’ books span recent and revolutionary American history, the Old West, Black history, the roots of the San Francisco gay movement and 1930s pre-war Europe.
● Justin Hall, moderator (he/him) – No Straight Lines: Four Decades of Queer Comics; San Francisco queer history comics poster project, Marching Towards Pride; Associate Professor of Comics, California College of The Arts
● A.C. Esguerra (they/them) – Eighty Days (A graphic novel about queer 1930s pilots to be released August 2021 by Archaia); Bespoke; Takeoff
● Melanie Gillman (they/them) – Stage Dreams; As the Crow Flies; Steven Universe comics
● Ajuan Mance (they/them) – Drawing Power: Women’s Stories of Sexual Violence, Harassment, and Survival; COVID Chronicles: A Comics Anthology; Professor of English, Mills College
● Eric Orner (he/him) – SMAHTGUY The Life and Times of Barney Frank (Metropolitan-Henry Holt Books October, 2021); The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green
● Josh Trujillo (he/him) – Washington’s Gay General
Go check out this nice presentation on the latest in LGBTQ comics.There are quite a few artists out there who can put out some timely LGBTQ topics.This stuff is not just for kids.