Tensions boil over at Bank of America after branch closures lead to long waits.

Frustrated customers pulled up chairs, leaned on couches, and waited up to 45 minutes at the Bank of America located at 8921 Santa Monica Blvd. which hosted a line out the door this Saturday morning.

There was only one teller open at the time. But there were other employees in the lobby area, one behind a desk, and another on break. In the altercation above you can see one Bank of America employee walking out of the bank and up the street following the customer who had left after an argument.

Recently Bank of America announced that another West Hollywood location at 8025 Santa Monica is permanently closed. According to the Bank of America website the branch located at 9021 Sunset Blvd is also temporarily closed. In addition the location at 8655 Beverly @ San Vicente is also temporarily closed. That leaves Bank of America at the corner of Santa Monica and Hilldale the only open Bank of America branch serving the residents of West Hollywood.

The Bank of America location at 8921 Santa Monica Blvd is a ‘company owned’ property according to the branch manager and there are no plans to close this branch. There are approximately 4200 Bank of America branches in the USA with approximately 220,000 employees as of March 31, 2021.

After the recent federal reserve stress tests Bank of America said it plans to boost its quarterly dividend by 17% to 21 cents a share from 18 cents. The company also plans to buy back up to $25 billion of its common stock “over time”. Bank of America will report its quarterly earnings before the opening bell this Wednesday morning, July 14th.

0 0 votes
Article Rating

Notify of
guest

Newest
Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
seaguy
seaguy
11 days ago

Bank of America should be called Bank of Wallstreet because that is really who they are focused on making happy. Switch to a credit union they have lower fees and better service.

Val
Val
16 days ago

I see how they are going to pay for ending the world’s problems. Just pass on the cost to their account holders:

Angela Gonzales
16 days ago

My local location was closed over a year before the covid29. So the people in California can now understand what other location have been experiencing for over 3 years now. Have fun its a total pain now. You sometimes can’t get help for over 30 min and even more!

Ham Shipey
Ham Shipey
16 days ago

Who goes to a bank these days??

seaguy
seaguy
11 days ago
Reply to  Ham Shipey

People needing money orders, exchange foreign currency, financial advice etc…

LLS
LLS
17 days ago

Bank has great electronic service, but do not go to a physical location.

Peace&Soul
17 days ago

BOA I was with since1987. Since service has drastically changed and it only gets worse instead of better. After 34 years banking with BAO I closed both accounts snd took my money to Chase Bank! Chase has service that BOA needs to learn. Glad I made my move to Chase.

Steve Martin
Steve Martin
16 days ago
Reply to  Peace&Soul

I too have banked at BoA for a long time but I also have an account at Chase. Chase tends to be more convenient but I like the fact that BofA West Hollywood does not have a huge turn over of staff and they are always happy to deal with any issues I have had with my account. But at either bank, whenever you have an issue that requires input from the legal departments things tend to frustrating and non-productive.

Reality
Reality
17 days ago

This is a typically uninformed Weho opinion giving session that cannot be called a discussion. No one on this thread appears to have an IQ greater than 95. Ryan Gierach may have had his faults but he is right on here.

Mohib Jivan
Mohib Jivan
14 days ago
Reply to  Reality

Is “Reality” one of the many alter-ego aliases of Ryan Gierach? As in…”Me, Myself, and I?”

Waide Riddle
17 days ago

There’s a reason why it’s been referred to as Bank of A**holes for many years.

David
David
17 days ago

And they got sewed for draning accts, settled for 80 million.

Robin
Robin
17 days ago
Reply to  David

Sewed?

JRKali
JRKali
16 days ago
Reply to  David

I think it should be SUED, and DRAINING. Biot sure WHY an account might have been drained, but I suspect it was from some sort of overdraft or other bank charges.

Janet Johnston
Janet Johnston
17 days ago

The only reason BA will buy back so much they are in trouble and are planning to keep the stock going up in price all about SHARE HOLDERS, never about EMPLOYEES

Art
Art
17 days ago

I’ve been extremely happy with the USBank branch one block east on the corner of San Vicente where I’ve had my Social Security automatically deposited every month for the last five years. Go!

Ryan R Gierach
17 days ago

Rabble rouse. Rabble rouse. Rabble rabble rabble.
Did it ocurr to somebody to contact the bank for some information?

Angela Gonzales
16 days ago
Reply to  Ryan R Gierach

Older people who want someone to actually talk to not have to wait for sometimes over a day. So yes a lot of people want to visit the people responsible for their own money! I’m not just complaining stating a Fact!

Click to Hide Advanced Floating Content

votes
Article Rating
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x