Letting no good crisis go to waste, David Cooley/Abbey Bar has just raised its drink prices across the board by $1.00/drink. As if they were not outrageous enough already. Considering serving about 5,000 drinks per weekend day, it adds up quickly.
By the time that the new minimum wage laws go into effect, he will no doubt raise the prices again and blame it on the wage increase, COVID and anything else that can be dreamt up.
Will he have to raise the food prices in order to stay in compliance with the State of CA liquor license rules mandating that food and alcohol sales should be about even in order to maintain a “47 License”? Doubt it. He knows that it’s a bar and not a restaurant.
● Bartenders (nearly all of which live outside of West Hollywood) charging more and getting higher tips.
● Staff (nearly all of which live outside of West Hollywood) receiving higher wages
● David Cooley getting higher revenue
● All other bars and restaurants that will increase their prices to come up to market rate.
● Local Weho patrons having to pay even more to purchase the product
Who’s not very affected?:
● Tourists and occasional visitors to Weho who accept the higher prices but do not experience it too often.
Ah, the power of GREED!!