DEAR WEHO: Your city isn’t safe for my entertainment industry clients

Have a letter for City Council or City Hall you want us to publish? E-mail it to brandon@wehoville.com

Dear Council members,

I am an attorney in Beverly Hills and represent Mr. Kurt Knutsson as well as many, many other influential media folks in the entertainment industry.  I was astonished by the sad news out of West Hollywood and I can tell you that I will no longer shop at, or entertain in West Hollywood due to the new lack of security and the worry for my personal safety.  I will also do my very best to get this news out to all my entertainment clients so they can focus on the individual lawmakers who supported this sad piece of legislation.

This is shameful and all future crimes that could have been prevented are now squarely on the heads of those who voted to defund our protection.

Scott E. Schwimer, Esq.

–Law Offices of Scott E. Schwimer, P.C.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

1 1 vote
Article Rating

Notify of
guest

Newest
Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
Jeff Luna
Jeff Luna
1 month ago

Nice sentiment, Mr. Schwimer, but unfortunately they do not care. Woke ideology is a religion for them. They are true believers. They will destroy everything; however, they are only doing what politicians do. The blame lies with a public that would rather live on their knees, then die on their feet. Sheeple.

Patryk
Patryk
1 month ago

fewer corrupt sherrifs equals better security. only idiots refuse to accept that.

Davedi
Davedi
Reply to  Patryk

Before you go calling people idiots you might want to check your spelling and grammar.

JRBirdsong
JRBirdsong
1 month ago

Defunding ANY Law Enforcement Agency, Fire Department, or any other Public Safety entity is folly. The person[s] who voted for this need to fill the wrath of the Voters in the Next Election. OR maybe even face a Recall Election sooner. It simply is not good Public Policy.

Rudi Logan
Rudi Logan
1 month ago

Leave the Rolex at home and maybe you’ll feel safer. Did you forget the recent spate of watch thieves in Beverly Hills?

Stephen
Stephen
1 month ago

Oh look, another sour conservative radicalized and empowered by the MAGA jihad into publicly trashing anyone/anything progressive or different.

This is another reason why putting toxic waste like Donald Trump in the presidency is an awful idea:
the ripple effect.

Toxicity runs downhill.

Declare independence from the GOP. Vote on November 8th
(or by mail, comfortably and easily beforehand)

Jeff Luna
Jeff Luna
Reply to  Stephen

Sorry, can you repeat that? I can’t hear you through your triple masks.

Jennifer
Jennifer
1 month ago

The entertainment industry voted for every mess that is out of control in this city. It never fails. Now that their own safety is at risk, they cry about it. Good job, Progressive Commies.

Miri
Miri
1 month ago

Why is no one talking about the fact that the officers are being replaced with 30 more security ambassadors?

Joe Kibbie
Joe Kibbie
Reply to  Miri

Sure. 30 more out-of-shape kids in loose polyester faire standing around watching people get beat up. A nice after high school job.

Cathy Sanchez
Cathy Sanchez
Reply to  Joe Kibbie

Right. I asked them for help once and they told me that there was nothing they could do. 🥴 Useless!!!

Michael
Michael
Reply to  Cathy Sanchez

They’re USELESS!!! They cannot arrest or do ANYTHING but waste our taxpayer’s money!!!

Sarah
Sarah

That’s me

Dr Meow Meow
Dr Meow Meow
1 month ago

Yes! Please keep your clients away. I want to enjoy my city myself.

Gwen
Gwen
1 month ago

I talked to my daughter today who lives in Texas. Her words to me “mom I’m worried about you living in West Hollywood. I heard on the news about all the crime going there. Please come and live with me”. Oh dear…

Tom
Tom
1 month ago

Come on now let everyone know bars are open till 4AM and we spent 85,000 on cross walk gay art. Vote Horvath out of a job.RECALL Gascon

Last edited 1 month ago by Tom
greeneyedguy
greeneyedguy
Reply to  Tom

Bars aren’t open until 4am yet. The rainbow crosswalks have been there for years. Way before current city council members.

Unsafe
Unsafe
1 month ago

West Hollywood is all over the news (local and national) and not in a good or positive way. Reducing the number of law enforcement officers is utterly insane when crime is going through the roof. I’m a long time resident and I’ve never experienced this level of crime. It’s scary. I don’t feel safe. I hope that the councilmembers who voted to expose us to danger are held personally responsible when someone is seriously injured or worse.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x